THERE IS MORE TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE THAN COMPANIES CAN THINK OFF

I used to be amused at the claims made by several manufacturers that one’s service is better than the other, until a couple incidents that took place with me in the last week made me realize the importance of customer service and the different dimensions to it.

I had a software problem in my 9month old Nokia E71 for which I went to the nearest Nokia priority service centre – the service centre in Noida, Sec 2. The speed at which they delivered service was good. The customer service representatives were good, they even took feedback – all good. But I when I got a call from Nokia to take feedback for the service they delivered I said I was dissatisfied; which confused the hell out of them because I mentioned I liked the speed of service & the courteous service representatives etc.
  1. The problem was the location of the service centre. The service centre was located on the 2nd floor of a completely battered old building. The ground and first floors of the building were severely shattered; the staircases were of the kind we see used by laborers in under construction buildings; and no parapets or handle bars to the stairs.  I couldn’t help wonder how women or older people would climb till the service centre.
  2. Another problem I faced at the service centre was the fact that they repaired the phone and gave it to me but they said I needed to format my memory card before inserting it in. I asked them to do it but they said that they do not do! It’s not a tall task to do but what is the value of service if it isn’t delivered completely!

The thing to learn over here is that are more aspects to a service experience that a company can think off and the more they think about the complete service experience from the customers point of view, step-by-step, the more wholesome experience they will be able to deliver.


karanbhujbal

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment