Review: About.me

Yesterday I checked out About.me and I found it very interesting. About.me is a free service that lets you create a beautiful one-page website that’s all about you and your interests. You could upload a photo, write a short bio, and add your favorite social networks to show the world the big picture of you.

Screenshot of the page i created for myself while testing this out

This service in most suited for the following people:
- Individual artists - stand-up comedians, magicians, musicians, tarot readers etc
- People who multitask – a marketer during the day and DJ by the night, a freelance journalist who contributes to multiple outlets, a CXO who’s also an investor, an entrepreneur who’s still working part time etc

Screenshot of popular stand up comedian, #gkhamba 's, About.me page

The service also allows you to look at the page analytics, which is quite cool.

Picture courtesy About.me 's website

Enclosed below is an unofficial video giving step by step directions for setting up your page.



karanbhujbal

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. I like the design and quality of the product. It's beautiful! I even have a profile there. But I'm not so sure about promoting it. I guess it works best for people that don't have personal websites or blogs. I have information in more details in my site and I don't like to confuse people with multiple fonts of information. Well, I don't know, I created and left the About.me profile there and never thought about it anymore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vladimir. Agree with you. This tool can be used only if you don't have a personal website. But for people like me who do multiple things (professionally and personally); or should i say, what i do professionally just doesn't define who i am. About.me is a great tool for the same.

    ReplyDelete