I had a bad food experience on Spicejet yesterday

Yesterday I was flying in from Kochi to Delhi via Mumbai. The entire journey was for 5 hours including the halt in Mumbai for 45min. During the first half of the journey (from Kochi to Mumbai) Spicejet was serving veg and non-veg sandwiches and biryani (not free of coarse). I thought that ill have the same during the next half of the journey (Mumbai to Delhi) else ill feel hungry again and then ill end up eating again! (I am trying to control my diet, but that’s a different story now)

During the halt at Mumbai I asked the air hostess, whether they would be serving the chicken biryani again in the next journey and she reverted in the affirmative. I was all happy and building my appetite for the sumptuous meal that was to follow. I obviously know that this is airline food and not the Nizam’s, Karim’s or Kebab Factory’s biryani but never-the-less, the thought of biryani going to be served makes enough ripples in my stomach, irrespective of the kitchen it comes from! (atleast till the time you taste it)

So half an hour after the flight took off, I called the airhostess and asked for the chicken biryani to which she responded saying, that she soon will be coming with the food trolley and will be serving everyone food and I could have my biryani then. I said ‘ok’. I was really hungry and that biryani was I all I could think off then. I had even imagined the color, texture and fragrance, that biryani was going to emit!

Here comes the climax – in a while, 2 food trolleys were being brought in from either end of the plane towards the centre. Since my seat was at/ around the centre of the plane, the food trolleys reached to me, and people around me, the last. I asked for the chicken biryani and the air hostess responded – ‘sorry sir, its over’, so asked for veg biryani and the reponse - ‘sorry sir, its over’, then I asked for non veg and veg sandwiches – but even they were over!!! I looked at the air hostess (and she was the same air hostess I had inquired earlier with for the biryani) and asked her now what should I do? I mean I had asked for the biryani before they had served it to anybody and now they didn’t have even one left for me!

In my mind I felt like smacking that make-up clad face of the air hostess across her face but I let better sense prevail and waited to see what she would do. She said, the only thing remaining were cup noodles and no way would I have them! Finally, she said she has couple of packets of roasted cashew nuts remaining and I gave-in finally, i was just too hungry.

On a 5 hours air journey with Spicejet, all I got to eat was a tiny packet of roasted cashews! I reached home a 12 at night and couldn’t dare ask for food at that time of the hour and so slept on an empty stomach. I hate that Spicejet airhostess I tell you! And a crucial lesson learnt yesterday - when it comes to food, its better to give-in now rather than regret not having tasted it/ gotten it later.

karanbhujbal

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment