Storage – you may find it boring, but you certainly can’t ignore it!

Recently, I’ ve been a part of many conversations around IT storage & that made it obvious for me to write my point of view on it. As an individual, I have 2 laptops – one with a 160GB and the second one with a 500 GB. I also have an external hard disk of 320 GB. So in totality I have almost 1TB of storage. I cannot event imagine the storage capacity size of organizations.

The point being, bigger organizations will have a lot of resources to address this issue but what about the small ones? The number of people going the entrepreneurial way is on a rise & obviously they do have to store all their emails, corporate videos, customer/ client information & so on. What will they do? Save it all on their notebook hard drives? Or external hard disks? But taking this route is obviously not the thing for the future. It is thus important for smaller organizations to understand this need that they will face in due course of time, if not take action on it.

karanbhujbal

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment